Must Have Products
- Microfiber towels for washing your car. I recommend The Wizard by the Rag Company.
- Microfiber waffle weave towels for drying your car. Go to The Rag Company drying towels page and check out the Dry Me A River Jr., the Kerpluffle, and the Platinum Pluffle. Buy according to your budget. The Kerpluffle is available in a “nearly B” grade that is heavily discounted right now, but limited quantities. I would go for some of those.
- Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine. This is a great product for washing your car, cleaning your wheels, and doing a pre-rinse of your car prior to doing a full shampoo wash. Note: There is also a product called Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax. I would only use that product if you don’t have a coating on your car and need the extra protection of wax.
- A good car shampoo. My current favorite is Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam.
- Two five-gallon buckets. You can get these on Amazon or your local hardware store.
- Two-gallon Hudson sprayer. I bought mine at Orchard Supply & Hardware but you should be able to find at any local hardware store or on Amazon.
- Grit guards for your buckets. A grit guard lets the heavier dirt particles settle to the bottom of the bucket, keeping them from being re-introduced to your wash towel when you’re rinsing it in your rinse bucket or adding more cleaning solution from your wash bucket.